Small sleepy village of Morehead around 1890. In the center of the photograph is the two-story Gault Hotel with the large fronted two-story porch which was located on the Midland Trail, the village's Main Street. To the right of the of the hotel is the two-story county courthouse. To the right of the courthouse on Main Street is the First Baptist Church. The village was still recovering from the bitter feud which had left so many deaths, injuries and hard feeling that would last well into the middle of the Twentieth Century.
Go to Next Page in this Series
Return to the Photographic Index